Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Why do you love Postsecret?



ISBN: 0061238600
Format: Hardcover, 144pp
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $27.95

I love Postsecret. I have a lot of reasons why I do. While reading Frank Warren's collections or browsing the new secrets every Sunday on his blog I am always amazed that I am not alone. Have I sent secrets off? Yes. I have friends who have as well. The funny thing is that we haven't talked about the ones we have sent off. I don't think that we ever will. But they are out there, the truth, the pain and beauty of the hurt that lurks inside the soul. Today is the day to see if your secret made it into the new collection.

8 comments:

Yoga Gal said...

What a great title for a book "A lifetime of secrets".

T.C. Robson said...

I find their blog fascinating. It sometimes leaves me slack-jawed at some of the secrets posted.

Skeeter said...

Can't wait to read through this one. Thanks for the recommend. It makes me happy to think that others have the same kind of secrets that I do. It makes me really sad to see that there are as many people who are as shallow and self-centered as I am.

Katie said...

Yoga Gal, it is a great title. I really liked this one.

Sevenine, I know. Some things are so funny and the rest just so heartbreaking.

Skeeter, Shallow and self-centered? I woudn't call you that at all.

minijonb said...

i love PostSecret. i even love parodies of it, like LOLsecretz:

http://lolsecretz.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

MiniJonB, ooo! I haven't seen this one before. I'm going to check it out now. Thanks for the link! :)

NouveauBlogger said...

I've read it before (but never posted). I found it helpful in learning somewhat how women think and view things.

Katie said...

Nouveau, I read the blogspot all the time. You're right about it being good to learn things about people.