Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Debut Fantasy from Carole McDonell


ISBN: 0809557797
Format: Paperback, 248pp
Publisher: Juno Books
Price: $12.95

Tia, over at Fantasy Debut, has been reading this one and it has caught my eye. It sounds like it should be pretty good. Strong characters and an interesting world. You can read Tia's reviews of the first few chapters at her blog. Then you can check out Carol McDonell's blog where she is spotlighting Frank Creed.

Synopsis:

Satha, a dark-skinned woman from a poor Theseni clan weds young Loic, the wealthy Doreni son of the king's First Captain. Despite coming from different tribes, they begin to forge a life together. But Satha's compassion is used against her when a treacherous enemy contrives to dishonor her in Loic's absence. Loic must then avenge Satha's honor as well as his own. He sets out on a journey that brings deep despair as well as spiritual discovery. Battling him are the Arkhai, spirits of the land who know his quest will lead him toward the God whom they have usurped. After his departure, Satha is kidnapped, sold into slavery and learns how truly cruel life can be. Both face great hardship, danger, and anguish apart, but with the Creator's aid there remains hope they will be reunited and heal the love the world has torn asunder.

8 comments:

Yoga Gal said...

One thing I love about Fantasty Fiction is how strong the female characters are! One year I went dressed up as Zena Warrior Princess and was the belle of the bell and the men prefer my warrior leather outfit then the girls in French Maid and Play Boy Bunny outfits . I also like the female is a woman of color. Good images to put out there!

Tia Nevitt said...

Wow; thank you, Katie! This book is attracting lots of interest.

Frank Creed said...

I keep a list of books to buy/ ask for at birthdays and holidays. Until last night, Windfollower was merely on-the-list.

My favorite Biblical sci-fi author is Karen McSpadden. Karen just reviewed Windfollower on her book review blog and absolutely RAVED. Karen is the Lost Genre Guild's gatekeeper for titles in our bookstore--she dosen't rave easily. Carole, you've really got something goin' on, and that cover's beautiful.

Carole--
My personal review/ critique queue is stacked until next summer, if you have a sequel in the work and I could be of service, I'll slip a marker into my desktop-stack. I'd love to read your talent and this is excuse!

Nobody meets by accident,
Frank Creed--novelist & founder of the Lost Genre Guild
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Home: http://www.frankcreed.com
Book Review Blog: http://afrankreview.blogspot.com/
Lost Genre Guild: http://www.lostgenreguild.com/
The Underground Series: http://www.booksoftheunderground.com/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joe Chiappetta said...

You have a very cool review site. Thanks for making it.

Katie said...

Yoga Gal, Zena is so much better than that other stuff anyway. :)

Tia, your welcome. :) Thanks for letting me link to your site.

Frank, thanks for the comment.

Joe, thank you. I try. LOL. thanks for stopping by. :)

Tia Nevitt said...

"Letting you?" I consider it an honor! Thank you!

T.C. Robson said...

That does sound quite interesting. I may check this out at a later time. :)

Katie said...

Tia, your welcome :)

Sevenine, it does look good. I'm looking forward to reading it.