Monday, October 22, 2007

what I'm reading right now...


ISBN: 031606033X
Format: Hardcover, 496pp
Publisher: Little, Brown & Company
Pub. Date: October 2007
Price: $17.99

I'm about half way through with this one at the moment. It started a little slow but it has picked up. It builds on you slowly, things creeping around the edges until finally they jump out. The writing is very good, Smith paints a vivid picture with her words.

Read an excerpt or check out the cool site that has been set up for the book.

6 comments:

T.C. Robson said...

That site's cool! The description for it sounds pretty cool. :) Can't wait for your review on it!

Yoga Gal said...

Thanks for the ends up! Love the idea of the book!

Katie said...

7ine, it is a pretty cool site. They are giving away posters but I'm not sure what the rules are.

Yoga Gal, your welcome. It is a great idea for a novel, we'll just have to see if it all ties together in the end.

Robert said...

Katie. Interested to see what you think about when it when you finish the book. I've had a copy for a while now, but I wasn't sure if I'd like it...

Pallav said...

The cover reminds me of mustard sauce and weird insects....i like novels that build slowly :)

oh thanks for checking in on my blog, i'm just taking a lil break, will be back to writing soon :)

Keep rocking!

N

Katie said...

Nothingman, yeah I think the cover is a little odd. The yellow really makes it stand out though.

Enjoy your break! :)