Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Romancing the eBook

I’ve been doing reviews for almost a year now and in that time I have had more requests for eBook links to the novels I have reviewed than I can count. For one reason or another some readers do not have access to the book in its traditional format. I know that in India only the big names and bestsellers from America make it there. Sure, you can order a book online from the States or the UK but the shipping costs are enormous. If you could buy it online in an electronic format and spend less, why wouldn’t you?

Harlequin recently announced that all new titles from their publishing house will be available as eBooks. Harlequin is the first major publisher to offer their entire front-list in this easy and accessible format. Harlequin, known for their romances of every kind, publishes more than 120 titles a month. And besides all the titles that will be in print Harlequin is also doing eBook exclusives.

The Harlequin imprints include Silhouette, Spice, Mira, HQN, Kimani Press, Steeple Hill, Red Dress Ink, Luna, and Worldwide Library. What I really love about Harlequin is that they offer everything to fit any kind of taste. Whether you want something a bit steamier, a love story that will make you search your soul, paranormal romance or fantasy, or even an action adventure that engages your mind — Harlequin really does it all.

I’ve recently read some of Harlequin’s releases and I’ve got nothing but good things to say about what they are printing. The Reincarnationist, M.J. Rose’s latest suspense offering based around the idea of reincarnation, was a fantastic read. I’ve also read a novel from their Bombshell line, Storm Force by Meredith Fletcher and it was great. The Rogue Angel series by Alex Archer, published under Worldwide Library, is another series worth looking into. If you’re looking for some kick butt action, look no further than Destiny, the first of the series.

You will never run out of things to read with Harlequin and now that they are offering their novels in an electronic format they are only more accessible. So if you can’t get the titles you want in their traditional format or just need something for your Palm Pilot, look no farther than their eBook Boutique.

6 comments:

T.C. Robson said...

Neat-o! I may have to try that once, just to check it out. I'm getting the Reincarnationist in the mail and am looking forward to it. :)

Katie said...

Sevenine, yeah I though it was pretty cool. I don't read eBooks much but I might have to look into it. I'm looking forward to reading what you think of the Reincarnationist! :)

T.C. Robson said...

I can't wait to read it, honestly! When I read the description for it on Amazon, it sounded really, really good. :)

Katie said...

Yeah, I really liked it. I haven't read anything else by M.J. Rose... but I will have to now. :)

Chris, The Book Swede said...

I'm enjoying it very much so far =D Thanks again, Katie!

Also interested in the eBook idea. I don't like them myself, but I can see how they'd be a God send to some people.

~Chris
The Book Swede

Katie said...

Chris, I'm glad you like it! Can't wait to read your review. :) I don't read eBooks either... but your right about it being a good idea.