Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Morganville Vampires


ISBN: 0451222385
Format: Mass Market Paperback, 256pp
Publisher: Penguin Group (USA)
Price: $5.99

I'm a sucker for anything with a vampire in it. (Get it? Sucker? Ok, I know I'm a weirdo)I've been reading The Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine. It's a young adult series and while it isn't Twilight it still makes for pretty good reading. The third book in the series will be out in October and try as I might I can't seem to find a contact to get a free copy. Darn it. I guess I'll just have to break down and buy my own.

Read my reviews of the first two in the series. Glass Houses and Dead Girls' Dance.

From the Publisher:

Claire Danvers's college town may be run by vampires but a truce between the living and the dead made things relatively safe. For a while. Now people are turning up dead, a psycho is stalking her, and an ancient bloodsucker has proposed private mentoring. To what end, Claire will find out. And it's giving night school a whole new meaning.

10 comments:

T.C. Robson said...

I'll have to look closer into this series, even though I have too many books already. I think it was Dead Girls' Dance I tried out a little while back, but I really didn't get into it as I have Stephenie Meyer's series.

Katie said...

This is an ok series. It's not as good at Meyer's books. And if you try to read them I would start with the first one because you need all the back ground history. But they aren't bad, worth looking into.

dingobear said...

I'm a sucker for anything with a vampire in it. (Get it? Sucker?)

Bwahahahahahaha! For some reason, I have an urge to count.

Katie said...

Dingobear, HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA! You are such a smart bunny! :) Well... smart bear.

Angela/SciFiChick said...

Another young adult vampire series? Okay.. twist my arm..

Katie said...

Angela, I know. I know. It seems like the YA vampire stuff is everywhere. But these are a quick read, like in a few hours in one sitting.

Angela/SciFiChick said...

I can't wait for you to read the upcoming Jennifer Rardin book, Once Bitten, Twice Shy from Orbit Books. I can't post my review till next month, but I know you'll love it too.

Katie said...

So they are good? I'm really dying to read them. Now I can't wait!

Angela/SciFiChick said...

Oh, it's on my list of top vampire series now. Witty, spy novel with vampires... I'll have to remember to forward you an email contact, to see if you can get a review copy too. I'd offer you mine, but I don't know if I can part with this one! lol
It's definitely going to be a reread.

Katie said...

That's ok. I've got a contact and I just talked with him this morning about doing reviews for those. :) Must have been fate. :) I don't blame you for not wanting to part with your copy if they are that good.